Monday, June 22, 2009

Three steps to reality!

I’m not someone who normally carries a notebook and a pen around. But I guess I should now because nowadays ideas pop into my head regardless of where I am. If I don’t get to record it, by the time I get home I don’t remember what ideas I had. Or I remember very little of it. Its not that I have short term memory loss or anything (if you’re thinking that) but it’s because I’m inspired by a lot of things and they influence my designs.


So, let’s get to the real story. Two weeks ago I went to a restaurant with a close friend of mine. While we were waiting for our food to come, I asked the waiter for a pen. I started drawing on tissue, just random stuff. Then I came up with this bag idea. This is how the initial design looked like.

My friend really liked it and urged me to make that design a reality. Thus I went on to the next step. I made the pattern and chose the fabric. I wanted the bag to be maroon, so I chose corduroy for the bag and satin for the flower. Both were almost the same shade of maroon. I chose corduroy for the bag because I didn’t want it to be too sloppy or too stiff.


Lastly I sew the bag and attached the flower. I’ve known how to make this flower for sometime. There are lots of tutorials around the web how to make them. Here’s one wonderful tut. And voila, the bag came from my head to paper and finally to the real world. I love that it looks so girly which is why I'm calling this bag "Girly Girl"








No comments:

Post a Comment