Monday, June 29, 2009

"Me" time


It’s not everyday when I get some quiet time to sit back and enjoy. But fortunately last night was such a night. Hubby and I went to the beach, which is very near to our house. There were plenty of people there, barbecuing out doors and having a good time. We sat a bit far from the crowds, just admiring the natural beauty of the world. The sky spread far and beyond imagination. The white clouds, hovering above like light feathers. The ocean like a black carpet spread in front of our eyes. From a bit far we could see the lights of the safaris and the lights of a nearby tourist resort. Like fire flies floating on the ocean. It was so beautiful and breathtaking. Adding to all that, a slow wind was blowing. I felt like the stress of the whole week was just blown away by the wind. It’s amazing how much we ignore of this world while going through our day to day hectic life routines.


Ever since I got a job it’s been nearly impossible to have some time for myself. Life has become quiet a routine for me. And I can imagine just how it would be for mother’s out there. Looking after kids, home plus going for work must be pretty tough. Now, I know I don’t have a lot of advice to offer but why not do something for your self? Go for a walk, or a jog, or do anything that makes you feel better. Do it with a friend or with your spouse or if you’d like just do it alone. So that for a few seconds, your not a wife, a mother or an assistant to an impossible boss (like mine). You’re just one single person trying to enjoy sometime for yourself. For sure it’ll be hard, but it’ll be worth it!!

1 comment:

  1. I bet it is so beautiful there. I loved the picture and smile thinking about you out there just relaxing.

    I am so sorry that you have to work so hard, or really at all Iru. I pray that insh'Allah it won't always be this way, especially when you have children habibty. You are so strong, and I just hppe that at least the job is one you actually like. Love you so endlessly.

    ReplyDelete